YOUR AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
So you've had your treatment today and you look fabulous; here are your aftercare instructions for what to do over the next few days to help you get the most out of your treatment.
Dermal Filler Aftercare Advice:
- redness, swelling and bruising should settle within a week
- keep the area clean and dry and don’t apply make up for at least 12 hours
- avoid touching the area where possible
- avoid extreme temperatures for 24 hours. This included saunas, steam rooms, hot showers and exercise
- no facial treatments for two weeks
- avoid alcohol for the rest of the day
Anti-wrinkle Injection Aftercare Advice:
- do not rub, touch or masssge the treated area for 72 hours to reduce the chances of infection and bruising
- avoid make up and alcohol for 12 hours
- avoid exercise for 25 hours
- stay upright 4 hours post procedure (till 2240)
- avoid facials for 24 hours
- if you do suffer with a post treatment headache, take paracetamol only. Avoid NSAIDS like ibuprofen and aspirin for 2 weeks (to reduce the chances of bruising)
- do the facial muscle movements as shown earlier in the first hours after Botox to prolong and retain the amount in the muscle
- remember, the effects can take anywhere from 4 days to notice and usually takes two weeks to gain maximal effect
- book a follow up appointment 2 weeks today for review of Botox treatment
Profhilo Aftercare Advice:
The product is injected in small ‘deposits’, you may be able to see them initially, but they settle usually within hours. It may be possible to feel the product where it has been injected under the skin. It will settle, there is no need to massage.
Make-up should not be worn for 12 hours
You are advised to avoid alcohol and vigorous exercise for 48 hours
Avoid sun bathing, and extremes of heat or cold for 14 days post treatment.
Any bruising may take a few days to appear, arnica can be helpful in clearing bruising. It is advisable to avoid aspirin and alcohol for 12-48 hours after treatment.
Tenderness should settle as swelling and bruising goes down.
Symptoms to report:
Please contact the clinic if redness, tenderness, itching or swelling worsens after 3 days, rather than settling.
Blanching, mottled bruising/redness, or pain (beyond tenderness as you would expect with bruising or swelling).
Symptoms of a severe allergic reaction can include shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing, difficulty swallowing, swelling of the tongue, eyelids, lips, hoarseness of the voice, stomach pain, nausea or diarrhoea. If you have any of the above symptoms please report to your nearest Accident and Emergency Department or call 999 for an ambulance.
Leave a review:
What did you think of your treatment? Loved it? Any changes we can make? Leave us a review on Trustpilot so we know how we did: